SARS CoV-2 PCR
The Applied Biosystems TaqMan SARS-CoV-2 with RNase P Assay 2.0 is used for real-time PCR detection of SARS-CoV-2 viral RNA. The highly sensitive RT-PCR assay reduces the risk of failure to detect SARS-CoV-2 with multiple target regions while compensating for emerging variants and mutations. The assay includes an RNase P control and is used in combination with a control, control dilution buffer, and master mix for RT-PCR detection.
Features of the multiplex assay include:
• Targets multiple, non-overlapping, unique target regions of the SARS-CoV-2 ORF1a, ORF1b, and N genes
• Includes RNase P as a control to confirm a human sample
The TaqMan SARS-CoV-2 with RNase P Assay 2.0 can be used to evaluate up to 94 or 382 samples in under two hours. The assay can detect nucleic acid from SARS-CoV-2 in upper respiratory specimens such as nasopharyngeal and anterior nares samples from individuals suspected of SARS-CoV-2 infection. The assay can be used on Applied Biosystems real-time PCR systems including the QuantStudio 5 (96 well, 0.2 mL) or QuantStudio Flex (384-well) real-time PCR instruments.
The assay results can be analyzed using Applied Biosystems Design and Analysis Software 2.5:
QuantStudio Design and Analysis Software 2.5 Windows Installer (.exe)
QuantStudio Design and Analysis Software 2.5 Mac Installer (.dmg)
QuantStudio Design and Analysis Software 2.5 Release Notes (.pdf)
The TaqMan SARS-CoV-2 with RNase P Assay 2.0 (1000 reactions) includes the multiplex assay with multiple primer/probe sets specific for different SARS-CoV-2 genomic regions and an RNase P control for confirmation of a human sample.
The following components are used in combination with the assay (all available separately):
• TaqMan SARS-CoV-2 Plus Control (Cat. No. 956129)—an RNA control that contains targets specific to the SARS-CoV-2 genomic regions targeted by the assay
• TaqMan SARS-CoV-2 Control Dilution Buffer (Cat. No. A49889)—dilution buffer for RNA control
• TaqPath 1-Step RT-qPCR Master Mix (No ROX) (Cat. No. A28523)